Silver and gold values held strong during a tumultuous week for the US stock market.
The S&P 500 is down nearly 9% in October alone, and now in the red for the year 2018.
Have a listen below as we speak with multi decade money manager and stock specialist, Jesse Felder.
Topics discussed in this week's Metals & Markets Podcast include:
- The US Stock Market Sell-Off ongoing
- Jesse Felder's study on one major reason why major Gold Mining shares have missed out on the passive investing craze.
- Stagflation - why Jesse thinks we are possibly in it or it is oncoming.
- His take on the US dollar's short, medium, and longer term outlook.
- Possible yearly $2 trillion federal deficits upcoming with recession.
- Rising interest rates + rising oil prices + stronger USD = potential slow down (Dotcom Deja Vu).
- Why investing with a one dimensional strategy makes little sense given the risks.
- A final word of caution to those out there with positions in the US stock market.
If you like financial podcasts, we suggest giving Jesse's Superinvestors and the Art of Worldly Wisdom listen.
His recent interview last month with Fred Hickey was very insightful. Fred is no goldbug, but since the year 2000, he has been committed to a prudent precious metal allocation given the current bubble in fiat currencies and ongoing central bank interventions. In that interview, Fred Hickey speaks to his motivations for precious metals ongoing, specifically following the 36 minute mark.