The Doc believes in doing business the old-fashioned way. We provide every customer with a refund, return and/or exchange policy on everything we sell. If for any reason you have an issue with your order, please give us a call. We will always do our best to accommodate you
Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements
Currently Out of Stock
Sold in Sets of 2
Filters Up To 1,000 Gallons per Set- 6 months of typical family use
Berkey PF-2™ reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey™ water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water.
• Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
• Other residual heavy metal ions
FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm (11 lpm) per cubic foot of media. Results of < 1ppm of the fluoride ion in the effluent were typical for the media (>95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two Berkey PF-2™ elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters). The Royal Berkey™ system is about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters) therefore the Berkey PF-2™ filters should be replaced after 1,000/3.25 (3,785/12.3) or 307 refills. If the system is refilled about one time per day, the Berkey PF-2™'s should be replaced after 10 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the Berkey PF-2™'s should be replaced about every five months). Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
1) Do not boil this element.
2) Berkey PF-2™ elements reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%.
3) Our original tests were done using gravity alone to purge the Berkey PF-2™ elements. Since then, we have added a step by using purging buttons which are much more efficient at removing any residual process dust from the Berkey PF-2™ media. The test does not distinguish between activated alumina (Al2O3) and Aluminum (Al). So we had to use the total count of aluminum and activated alumina in our tests.
4) The media used in the Berkey PF-2™ filter elements contains high-grade activated alumina (Al2O3), which currently is the most efficient media available for extracting fluoride from water. Activated alumina is inert. Below are the results we obtained when testing the Berkey PF-2™ elements (the water was not pre-filtered through the Black Berkey™ elements). The reduction over time is due to additional residual process dust being washed free from the Berkey PF-2™ elements as the system is used. To give a scale for comparison purposes we include test results from a national brand toothpaste and water boiled in an aluminum pan.
• National brand toothpaste 52.878 ppm aluminum
• Water boiled in an aluminum pan for five minutes: 2.791 ppm aluminum
• Berkey PF-2™ after conditioning (5 cycles): .178 ppm aluminum
• Berkey PF-2™ after 10 Cycles: .037 ppm aluminum
• Berkey PF-2™ after 20 Cycles: .029 ppm aluminum
While the above results indicate that the residual process dust adds a minute amount of activated alumina to the water, the Black Berkey™ purification elements reduce aluminum from the water. We tested water that naturally contained .320ppm aluminum and filtered it through the combination of the Black Berkey™ and the post conditioned Berkey PF-2™ filtration elements (5 cycles). The results showed a net reduction in aluminum contamination (Raw influent: .320ppm - Effluent after passing through the Black Berkey™ and Berkey PF-2™ elements: .232ppm). Again, the standard tests cannot distinguish between aluminum (Al) and activated alumina (Al2O3), which is inert. Nevertheless, the tests showed a net reduction by the Black Berkey™ element in the combination of naturally occurring aluminum plus any residual activated alumina (Al2O3)process dust from the Berkey PF-2™ elements.
|Metal Type||Berkey Water Filters|
|Mint Capsule Included||No|
|Certificate of Authenticity||No|
|International Shipping Eligible||No|
- SD Bullion Shipping FAQs
How long does it take for my order to ship?
Orders are shipped 1-3 business days after customer funds have fully cleared our account during normal market conditions.
Will my package be insured?
Every order we shipped is insured!
How do I track my shipment?
Once your order has been shipped, you will be notified by our automated system with the tracking number(s) for your order. You will be able to use this tracking number to get an estimated day of arrival of your order.
How much do you charge for shipping?
Domestic orders over $199 ship for free! Any order under $199 is a flat rate $9.95. International orders are quoted individually at checkout.
How do you ship my order?
We utilize USPS, UPS and FedEx to ship packages. If you select our Free Shipping or Flat Rate shipping option, then we will utilize the carrier of our choice.
Can I ship my order to a PO Box?
We can ship up to $10,000 to a PO Box at no additional charge to our standard rates. However, please note that sealed boxes cannot be shipped through USPS.
Do you ship Internationally?
Yes we do. Learn more here.
- Storage FAQs
Do you offer storage options?
Yes! We offer direct bullion depository storage through SD Depository at the lowest prices guaranteed. Currently, you can start a storage account for as low as $9.99 per month. Your metals will be well protected in a highly secure vault and fully segregated so your metals will never be co-mingled with other customer's metals. To learn more about SD Depository, please visit our storage page or call us at 1-800-294-8732 to speak with a storage specialist today.
What storage locations do you offer?
SD Depository's primary storage location in on our premises at the border of Ohio and Michigan. SD Depository also offers locations in New York, Florida, California and the Cayman Islands. Please note, storing metals at these locations may be offered at separate pricing.
The Doc’s Satisfaction Guarantee